Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28

Today’s Itinerary:  Job 32- 34
My Something New:  Job 34:28 They (the wicked) cause the poor to cry out, catching God's attention. He hears the cries of the needy. 

Another Something New:  Job 33:15-16 He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds. He whispers in their ears and terrifies them with warnings.

Is it not in our weakness or humble circumstances that we find ourselves turning to God? Several years ago circumstances beyond my control brought me to my knees.  Unforeseen circumstances brought on by the ungodly actions of someone else. However, without those circumstances occurring in my life it is a very real possibility my relationship with God would never have developed past mediocre or lukewarm.

I will never forget the night during this time I was wakened to the frightening cry of one simple word “WHY”. Living alone I was certain it had to be either me crying out in my sleep or a nightmare. Trying to shake the uneasiness I found myself reaching toward the nightstand for my bible. Immediately I was drawn to Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. As if God were speaking to my very soul in that instant I felt Him asking me “Why do you keep running? Nothing you do will keep me from loving you.” I knew immediately He was with me.  God heard my cries in the darkness of my circumstances. Through all my feelings of unworthiness and insecurities He lifted me out of the mire and placed me on solid ground.
 
My Something Old:  Job 33:14 For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it.

All we have to do is look around at all of God’s creation. He speaks to us through everything we see every day. Sometimes He can be heard through other people, scriptures or even the circumstances of our lives.

 My Something to Do: Am I close enough in my relationship to God and honest enough with myself to hear when He speaks to me? What noises or distractions drowned out His voice and words to me?

Be still and know that He is God. In my quiet time every day allow God to speak to me through prayer and His word. Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment