Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 24


Job 22- 25
My Something New:  Job 19:23 – 24 “Oh, that my words could be recorded. Oh, that they could be inscribed on a monument, carved with an iron chisel and filled with lead, engraved forever in the rock.

Perhaps Job has hit on the very reason for his suffering.  So that for generations to come we could read and see how faithfully Job remained true to his God. Job believed in God and placed his trust in God, alone.  2Timothy 3:16 -17 tells us  ALL  Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.  God actually offered Job up to Satan when He said “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is blameless – a man of complete integrity”.  Awesome when you look at the whole picture.  God knew from the very beginning that Job would remain faithful.

My Something Old:  Job 19:25 - 27 "But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives and He will stand upon the earth at last.  And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see Him for myself. Yes, I will see Him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!

Redeemer defined:
Ø  buys/wins back
Ø  frees from what distresses or harms
Ø  frees from captivity by payment of ransom
Ø  helps overcome something detrimental
Ø  releases from blame or debt
Ø  frees from the consequence of sin
Ø  changes for the better
Ø  repairs
Ø  restores
Ø  atones for
Ø  makes worthwhile

Yes indeed my Redeemer, Sandie’s Redeemer does in fact live – I am overwhelmed at the thought!!!



My Something to Do:  Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment