Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32

Today’s Itinerary:   Exodus 1-4
                                  1 Chronicles 6:1-3a

My Something New:  Exodus 3:20 I will raise My hand and strike the Egyptians, performing all kinds of miracles among them. Then at last he will let you go.

God is telling Moses that He will perform ALL KINDS of miracles (not just one or two) confirming His power not only to Pharaoh but the Hebrews as well.  I am sure that having been oppressed for 300 years the Hebrews had very likely become not only become physically worn down but spiritually as well. God heard their cries and knew it was time to act. . I am sure that through the miracles that were to come the Hebrews faith in the covenant promises made to Abraham were restored to many.

 Something Else New:  Reuel gave Moses his daughter Zipporah to be his wife – Reul was the son of Essau and Bashemath (the daughter of Ishmael)


My Something Old:  Exodus 4:10-12  But Moses pleaded with the LORD, "O Lord, I'm not very good with words. I never have been, and I'm not now, even though You have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled."

How I can so relate to this feeling of inadequacy. I know what is in my heart but when it comes to speaking those words they never seem to express the same organization and clarity. However I have found that when I rely on God alone the words either spoken or written seem to flow and I find myself in awe knowing it was not my power but God alone. My problem still remains however to step into that faith that God will give me the words when I feel I need them the most.

 My Something to:  Continue to trust God to provide what I need when I need it.  He hears my cries and knows when to act.  His timing is always perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment