Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19


Job 1-4
A Man Named Job

“There once was a man named Job who lived in Uz. He was blameless-a man of complete integrity. He feared God and stayed away from evil.”
Job 1:1
My Take Aways:
Something Old: Job was a man, blameless of complete integrity that feared God and stayed away from evil.

Something New: Eliphaz is given a secret in a disturbing vision at night from a spirit that swept by his face but he couldn’t see its shape.

In light of my something new I felt compelled to dig a little deeper. In doing so I found the following:
Secretly defined in this verse is gaw-nab': to steal, be a thief, kidnap; to deceive
So I ask who is this spirit that swept past the face of Eliphaz and told him a secret?
We know that the accuser of the brethren can come as an angel of light and we also know that he manipulates scripture. So let’s look a little further:
Verse 4:17 “Can a mortal be innocent before God?”  Can anyone be pure before the Creator?
1Corinthians 1:30  God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; He made us pure and holy, and He freed us from sin.

Verse 4:18-19 "If God does not trust His own angels and has charged His messengers with foolishness,   how much less will He trust people made of clay!
Exodus 23:20  "See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you. (Sounds to me like He trusted an angel to protect His people)
1Thressolonians 2:4  For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News.
Titus1:3  And now at just the right time He has revealed this message, which we announce to everyone. It is by the command of God our Savior that I have been entrusted with this work for Him.
1Peter 5:2  Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you.

Verse 4:20 They are alive in the morning but dead by evening, gone forever without a trace
Luke 20:37-38 "But now, as to whether the dead will be raised—even Moses proved this when he wrote about the burning bush. Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, he referred to the Lord as 'the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.  So He is the God of the living, not the dead, for they are all alive to Him."

Something to Do: How I respond during times of joy as well as times of trials reveals the reality of my relationship and faith in God not only to myself but also to others. I must remain grounded in God’s word that is never changing. God’s word is alive and the same today, tomorrow and forever. When joy surrounds me give praise to God. When circumstances surrounding me appear overwhelming give praise to God.  I will trust in Him alone to direct my path out of the valley and onto the mountain top.

No comments:

Post a Comment