Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26

Job 26- 29

But do people know where to find wisdom?
Where can they find understanding?
Job 28:20

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
and it will be given to you.
James 1:5 

My Something New:  "People know where to mine silver and how to refine gold. They know where to dig iron from the earth and how to smelt copper from rock. They know how to shine light in the darkness and explore the farthest regions of the earth as they search in the dark for ore (Job 28:1- 3).
 
These scriptures cried out so loudly to me today as though God were speaking directly to my heart.  What lengths will we go to brave the depths of the dark mining shafts of life to gain material wealth? Am I willing to go to the same extremes to dig for the treasure God has for me in His word.  There are those who know how to refine copper to remove the impurities to increase its value. But am I willing to allow God to refine me to remove the impurities and allow His reflection to shine within me.  Haven’t I at times searched the farthest regions or options in darkness to achieve the goal I thought I wanted? And only after sinking far from where I wanted to be do I finally allow God’s guidance and light to shine into my life.

 I am learning where to search for treasure more precious than silver or gold. I am learning how to allow His light into the darkest places of my life. I am learning how to explore the farthest regions of my heart asking God to cleanse me from my impurities.

Praise God He’s not finished with me yet!


My Something Old:  The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding (Job 28:28)

My Something to Do:  Keep learning, keep listening, keep allowing the light to shine and keep believing.  When I ask, I must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.(James 1:6)


No comments:

Post a Comment