Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20

Job 5-7

Job Speaks

Today was filled with so many nuggets. I love the analogy from John Gill’s commentary of the surgeon, who makes a wound sorer by probing and opening it, to let out the matter or infection and make way for the medicine to go in. Allowing God to probe around and cause pain is a little more welcoming to know that He is opening it up to remove the matter/sin so that He can add the medicine of His word , His power and the oil and wine of pardoning grace and mercy to allow healing, 

Having written it in my bible last year I have drawn strength from it many times. Where there is probing/discipline there is wholeness and healing. Where there is no probing/discipline there is only decay.

My Something Old: Go to God . . . . He does great things to marvelous to understand.
For though He wounds He also bandages. He strikes but His hands also heal.

My Something New: For the Almighty has struck me down with His arrows. Their poison infects my spirit.

My Something to Do: Be careful assuming where my “arrows” or anyone else’s are coming from. We know from verse 2:6 (“All right, do with him as you please, the LORD said to Satan”) that there are times of trials God permits the testing of our faith.  The testing of our faith produces perseverance and when perseverance has finished it work we will be  mature and complete, not lacking anything (James 1:3-4) Be an encourager offering comfort and compassion not a poison arrow of judgment and condemnation.

No comments:

Post a Comment