Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21

Job 8-11

My Something Old: “If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to Him in prayer! Get rid of your sins and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will be brightened with innocence.”  Confess – Repent – Restored.  Praise Him!

My Something New:  Verses 8:11-12 spoke so loudly to me today so I had to dig a little deeper.  Here are a few things I discovered:

Papyrus reeds = material on which to write (picture of my heart)
Marsh = wet and soft – that which yields under pressure

So now I have to ask myself -
Can I grow deeper in my relationship with God without obedience to His word that has been written on my heart or the willingness to yield to His discipline?

Can I flourish (grow) in the midst of that discipline without His “Living Water”? 

Those that are unable to answer these questions will be like the flowers that bloom but do not blossom instead they whither quickly. Having received the Word and the Truth but choose to forget or turn away. I find this very similar to the “Parable of the Sower” in Luke 8.

My Something to Do: Lift my hands in prayer. Lord may I be a flower that blossoms, producing a fragrant aroma unto You.


No comments:

Post a Comment