Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13

Genesis 36

1 Chronicles 1:35-37
1 Chronicles 1:38-42
1 Chronicles 1:43-2:2

I am sure many of us would agree reading genealogy is not very interesting or very much fun. However I discovered when I actually draw out the family tree of Esau it does in fact become quite intriguing and warranted further digging. Esau shows blatant contempt for his parent’s in his choice of wives Adah and Oholiabamah who were descendants of Seir the Horite. The Horites were cave-men, a race of Troglodytes (a cave dweller, a person of degraded, primitive, or brutal character, a person living in seclusion.) who dwelt in the limestone caves which abounded in Edom. Let us not forget his third wife Basemath the daughter of Ishmael. We also know that often the apple does not fall far from the tree in that Eliphaz’s concubine, Timna, was the daughter of Seir the Horite.


Now I must ask have I done things in the past that show contempt toward my parents and have I passed this on to my children? Or do my actions/behavior bring honor to my parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment