Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39

Today’s Itinerary:   Exodus 22:16-24:18
 
But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals would multiply and threaten you. I will drive them out a little at a time until your population has increased enough to take possession of the land. (Exodus 23:29-30)

How beautifully God took me out of my land of bandage and addiction into a land of freedom I would once day possess. Sending an angel before me to protect me on my journey and lead me safely to the place He prepared for me. Changing me from the inside out little by little.  Step by step God delivered me from slavery gathering me to Him that His glory would shine and not mine.  Each day God’s word became more alive to me. The more I depend on God, obeying His word the stronger and more alive I become utterly destroying the old demons and replacing them with a new harvest of God’s promises.

My Something New: "You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt. (Exodus 22:21). This verse jumped off the pages at me in light of my own Egypt. I am not to mistreat, persecute or judge those that are struggling with them own bondage. It is important to remember that everyone has their own form of bondage/addiction and I was once in bondage myself. Through my own testimony and walk into freedom I am able to offer freely love, compassion and understanding.

My Something Old: "You must not follow the crowd in doing wrong.” (Exodus 23:2a) and "Make no treaties with them or their gods. They must not live in your land, or they will cause you to sin against Me. If you serve their gods, you will be caught in the trap of idolatry." (Exodus 23:32-33).  As a child my parents, although not choosing my friends, always reminded me that “You are what your environment is and will become what you hang around with.”

 My Something to Do:  God has lavished His unfailing love upon me and asks that I obey Him and hold nothing back from Him (Exodus 22:29), All the time, talents, or treasures that have been given me in the renewing of my heart are blessings from God to be used for His glory.  Be aware of who I hang out with. I can offer friendship, love, compassion and understanding from a distance without compromising my heart and values.

No comments:

Post a Comment