Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 40

Today’s Itinerary:   Exodus 25-28

Perhaps it is the memory of being five years old. My Dad patiently explaining each step in detail what would become our new home. The materials used for our future home came from rescued, broken and abandoned homes. Every piece of material carefully cleaned and restored for its intended use. This comes back to me each time I read the tedious details in these scriptures and keep me from simply skimming through.

As the dawn was breaking this morning I slowly began to wake. I felt a new urgency to dig deeper into today’s reading that honestly in the past seemed somewhat dull but always seemed to draws me in. With coffee in hand I was determined to find the nugget God had for me today.  God is never dull and is always, always faithful. The further I dug the more details were revealed. Much like my Dad the more questions I asked the more answers He provided.

Exodus 25:2-8 “Tell the people of Israel to bring Me their sacred offerings. Accept the contributions from all whose hearts are moved to offer them. Here is a list of sacred offerings you may accept from them: gold, silver, and bronze; blue, purple, and scarlet thread; fine linen and goat hair for cloth; tanned ram skins and fine goatskin leather; acacia wood; olive oil for the lamps; spices for the anointing oil and the fragrant incense; onyx stones, and other gemstones to be set in the ephod and the priest's chestpiece. "Have the people of Israel build Me a holy sanctuary so I can live among them.

The following are just a few things I discovered:

Ø  GOLD – Deity/Purity
Ø  SILVER - Redemption
Ø  BRASS - Judgment
Ø  BLUE - Heavenly nature and origin
Ø  PURPLE - Royalty
Ø  SCARLET - Sacrificed blood
Ø  FINE LINEN - Spotless righteousness
Ø  GOAT'S HAIR - The sin bearer
Ø  RAM'S SKINS DYED RED - The suffering of Christ, the depth and devotion of Christ
Ø  BADGER'S SKINS - Humility of Christ ( a common, ordinary-looking skin)
Ø  SHITTIM WOOD (Acacia) - Humanity of Christ
Ø  OIL for the LIGHT - The Holy Spirit
Ø  SPICES for Anointing, OIL - Sweetness and preciousness of Christ
Ø  ONXY STONES - Speaks of the Glory of Christ
Ø  POMEGRANATES – Fruitfulness
Ø  BELLS – Symbol of testimony


There is so much more information regarding the Tabernacle available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment